Thursday, June 4, 2009

Social Media expectations of service providers

I am talking to a service provider about assisting them with making the case for an enterprise social media strategy. They have done some preliminary work with social media tools in a particular area of their business which has been reasonably successful but now wish to think about rolling it out across their business.
This led me to think about how a service provider would use social media tools. Of course the first question has to be how would their customer base like to and even expect to interact with them. Traditional web presences for service providers have been around view and paying bills on line, getting static information about products and services and sometimes some limited customer service. I wonder what people want today - would I join a facebook or myspace community around a particular service provider (I don't think I would myself), would regular updates around products, services and service outage issues be useful (I think so), would I like to interact online for customer service queries (yes), would I like information or instructional videos or podcasts (yes), would I read a company blog (probably).

I would be interested in others thoughts or experiences. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment